22 August, 2010

I Shall Now Open the Envelope to Reveal the Results....

I GOING TO UNI!!!!!!!!

aaahhhh! Im so excited!! If you couldn't guess :D I went early to get my results because I was so worried about them. Looking back, I shouldn't have been. Yes I didn't do as well as I had hoped and so I missed out on my place in Manchester, but instead I got accepted at Plymouth to study Biomedical Science. In the end I got an B in biology, a C in chemistry, physics and maths AS, and of course my B in Polish. Honestly, I'm not sure if I would have coped at Manchester. I got a catch-up compendium sent to me in the post and I was looking through it. ........ <- all that needs to be said. I mean half the stuff in the maths and stats section I hadn't covered before and so I would have been stuffed like a Christmas turkey... I guess thats why they called it a catch-up compendium *facepalm* After getting results though, I went straight home to check my e-mail and foud out I had been accepted. Applied for accommodation straight away and recieved an offer for university allocated the next day!! I mean, how did that happen!? They said they could only offer allocated to about 60% of undergrads... Wierd huh? It's a sign that I was meant to go there ^^ Mind you, going there and surviving the first few weeks/months are completely different things aren't they :)

But so far things are going well :) I got a surprise visit from L the thurs before results and he bought films and flowers. They flowers gained him a point in my book. I don't know, there is just something really exciting about recieving flowers. My chest actually swelled with pride thinking "yeah, uh huh, ma man got me flowers and you got none" , I couldn't stop smiling. The red blooms now dominate my window sill. He usually does things that make me smile, but I still worry a little about the near future. Do we continue with how things are (ie taking tentative footsteps and so leaving little room for heartbreaks later on) or do we emerse ourselves fully now (damning the concequences...) 

But I'm so ready for plymouth - I just sewed myself a laundry bag :)

xxLMxx

1 comment:

  1. Well done! Really happy you got in (:
    Ah, one can't move anywhere without one's laundry bag x]

    ReplyDelete