14 July, 2010

"I don't fancy getting my hair wet today"

"...and I know that stillness shatters, we have always been frightened by the sound of footsteps on the pavement of our lives, I stand and fight, I'm not afraid to die..."

Monday was my first athletics session back on two feet. Gawd, have I missed it. I mean it must be a sign of good times ahead if I was consistently throwing the discus over or on 25m? A good release of pent up energy indeed (: It's something I've been needing. It is a constructive way of release energy and stress, and the only damage done is to the grass... I hope it will forgive me... 

After years of rebeling I finally decided to go swimming, and I mean the laps-and-on-own-so-not-much-chatting-going-on swimming. Oh the larks I had. It reminded me why I spent so long rebeling in the first place. I can't swim. I mean it, I really can't, I can float and kind of propel myself along. But, I'm only able to do this if I am within reaching distance of the rail at the side, and I have a small panic attack if I am unable to touch the bottom. I'm about as graceful and comfortable in the swimming pool as an elephant is quiet and small... But going does provide me with some entertainment. I went to the nice heated outdoor pool in Chesham and I felt a little out of place. The average age was 65 and I was the only female with wet hair... I kid you not, a woman and her friend swam past and all I caught was "oh, its starting to rain now... I might go in now, I don't really fancy getting my hair wet..." What are you doing swimming in a swimming pool then, of course your going to get wet!!!! I also found I have very little shame. When it comes to changing room ettiquete, there is none. You grab your stuff, put it on a bench get shower stuff 'n' towel and find a shower without slipping and breaking your back or leg. You start showering and you turn around to properly wash your hair and okaaaay naked people every where ...... eh stuff it *starts stripping* why not, I have nothing to hide (apart from a few peircings that some older women may feel are slightly offencive, but hey ho whatever...). I won't mention the fact that I started washing my hair with conditioner and not shampoo. Oh. Darn...

I've also decided to join the gym. I need to get fit again. You never know, there may also be some nice sweaty guys working out *wink* and the instructer thats giving the induction isn't all bad either *wink wink*

Don't worry y'all, I will finish off in a min. But I want to ask something. Why bother going to an athletics session if you plan on throwing for 20 min and then saying that your not going to throw any more today. I went to watch the javelin throwers for half the session, leaving the discus throwers to their own devices. I then wen to the discus throwers and then suddenly say they aren't throwing anymore. Yet they daren't move or go home, they stay by the cage and chat... I'm not too impressed. Maybe I overreacted slightly by closing the cage and telling them to leave if they aren't throwing, I don't know. Maybe I didn't overreact, maybe thats what people would normally do... I went to enjoy a nice coaching and throwing session, yet I left angry and tense not knowing why I went in the first place. Again, this face? Not impressed..

Aaanyways, I really will stop now, I have possibly killed you all off with this incessant rambling and nonscence. Take care everyone, heres to things getting better again...

xxLMxx

No comments:

Post a Comment