04 June, 2010

Procrastination is an art form...

"Today, we took a test in Calculus. I finished early, and instead of putting away the school's calculator, I spent the next 15 minutes typing the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody into it. I wish I could've seen the look on the face of the next kid who used it. MLIA"

We all love to waste a bit of time. I perhaps do it a little too often. For instance there could be some really interesting chemistry I could be re-learning or learning about electromagnetism. Or perhaps the wonder that is photosynthesis... Lets take some time to ponder this...
..
..
Erm, I think not. This in itself is not good. I mean I should have 'the fear' by now, but no. I have shit loads of revision to be doing before the 16th, yet I find my self drawn to the website where the above quote was taken. I mean.. A2's in TWELVE DAYS...the effort. I should be scared now, but I'm not. What's wrong with me!? *sigh*

Also, how hard is it to say hello?? Or to send a text or write a quick e-mail? I mean, I thought we were good friends. Granted they could be busy with work or a social life or family, yet I have time to send a few e-mails, a few texts to keep in touch with them. Or is there something unwritten that says that I have to call all the shots, that I have to make all the effort in keeping contact with friends? For instance, I recently sent a dear friend a CD in the post. He likes the band but hasn't gotten round to buying the CD, so I made him a copy and sent it to him. True, he may have bought it anytime between our last conversation and now. Yet what makes me sad is that not a word of thanks. He has had time to update his facebook status, but a simple thank you text/e-mail/fb wall post cannot be sent. Also, you make friends, good friends, all the time. Well, seem to make. The Polish saying "prawdziwich przyjaciol poznaje sie w biedzie" (you make real friends in your lowest moments) rings so very true. Look back to your lowest, remind yourself whom was there for you. Those are the people you shouldn't lose. I certainly know who I'm not going to lose. Maybe a clearout is needed. From the metaphorical, mental, to the real sort, even deleting 'friends' from you facebook. Be true to yourself but dont be too ruthless, some can still be useful.

Dang. Maybe, the value of friendship really has decreased. But that I refuse to accept. Although nowadays, much of friendship consists of "__is friends with__" on facebook or some other networking site. Numbers may be impressive and talk about your social status, but do we really care that someone that was in your yeargroup and have never spoken "got completly wasted last night. woke up in the road LOL!" I just don't give a fuck *remove from friends list* People are just lazy, and so true friendship exists no more. What a world we live in eh? 

Ah well. Back to non-revison revising. The joy that brings into my heart. Naaaat...

xxLMxx

2 comments:

  1. Prawdziwych przyjaciol poznaje sie w biedzie,
    that saying is so true.

    Keep on writing, matka! You do such good job of it, and you make so much sense! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. really? hahaha i ramble and complain too much :P but thank you for words of encouragement :) xxx

    ReplyDelete